Photo Index - Continued - Actions and Properties
The previous two pages described layout attributes of a photo index. we will now talk about actions and operational properties that can be implemented with a photo index.
The Action pull down menu in the upper right of the panel controls the action of a selected slide. The choices and effects are:
- Continue: The slide action is not effected.
- Play: The slide is now played even if it was previously set to pause.
- Pause: The Slide is paused before any effects contained in the slide can be executed.
The Show panel at the bottom of the Layout panel controls the visibility attributes of the photo index. An index may be set to be always on, only shown when the cursor is in the area of the index, controlled by a user created button, or if the mouse moves near the edge of the slide where the index will appear.
The index may also be made to hide 9dissapear) after a slide is selected or if the cursor is moved out of the index area. Click on this link to see an example of an index that disappears after a slide is selected and reappears when the mouse is moved to the edge of the slide where the index will appear.
Effects are provided for animating the appearance and disappearance of an index to add additional interest to the show.
The Show options and there effects are as follows:
- Always: The index is always visible (never disappears)
- When the mouse is in the index: The index will appear when the cursor moves into the area that will be occupied by the photo index.
- When the mouse is near the edge of the show: The index will appear when the mouse is moved toward the edge of a slide (top or bottom) where the index will appear.
- When a button is pressed: A user created button utilizing the Toggle Index Action (See Text and Graphics - Actions) is specified as the actuator for the photo index.
Hiding the Photo Index
The cheek boxes below the Show pull down menu provide additional controls for hiding the photo index. THe index may be specified to disappear after a slide is selected from it or to hide itself when the cursor is moved off the photo index.
The effects of the check boxes are as follows:
- Hide when slide is selected: The photo index will disappear as soon as a slide is selected for viewing.
- Hide when mouse is outside the index: The photo index will disappear when the cursor is moved off the photo index.
Animation Effects for the Photo Index
The appearance and disappearance of the index may be animated using the effects provided in the Show / Hide Effect pull down menu at the bottom of the Show panel.
Here are options provided and their effects.
- Pop: This is the default setting in which the photo index "pops" in and out of view without any effects
- Fade: The photo index fades in and out
- Slide: The photo index will slide in and out of view from the slide edge the index is to appear.
- Zoom: The photo index will zoom in and out of view when selected.
For more information about the photo index including Hot Tracking click here.